We Provide One day WordPress course in-house for companies and training institutes anywhere in Ireland .
Outline below is the course activities and room requirements. We also cover Google products and adding social media to a website.
Course outline: WordPress Course
(Full internet access is required for this course)
- The difference between a Blog and a Website
- The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- Getting traffic to your website or blog, how does it work.
During the morning we will create a website and will outline the process. This sample website will give the Trainees a step by step guide and we will create this new website by covering the following areas:
- Set up website title and header
- Set up “About this Website” Page
- Set up news categories and posts to include adding images and videos
- Set up menus
- Set up widget area to include You Tube video, Tag cloud and side menu
Workshop on Setting up a Free WordPress Website
The trainees will then set up their own personal website with WordPress.com with the following steps:
- Log into http://wordpress.com/
- Confirm you have access to an email account
- Email new login details to yourself
- Save images and copy to the PC
- Set Theme at Twenty Ten
I will then go through the steps listed in the test website to add to their new websites.
This course will finish off with general information on the following items:
- Options on setting up a website
- Step by Step Guide on starting a website using WordPress.org software
- WordPress Themes and Plug-ins
- Useful tips when building a website
- Increasing traffic to your website
- Training videos and useful links
- Finding images to use on your website
We will provide material and links to the items listed above.
The Room requirements
Just on the in-house training facilities you would need to have the following available in the training room.
- Overhead projector that I can log into with my laptop and access to the internet.
- That each trainer will have a PC with good internet access.
- The training rooms will have very good internet power.
- There will be no security problems and that I and the trainees can access Gmail, You Tube and Facebook.
The maximum amount of trainees should be 20
- The full day course will start at 10am with 10 minute break at 11.30am.
- Lunch break from 1pm – 2pm
- The course finishes at 4.30pm
We would suggest that all trainees should be in the training room for 9.30am and that I am able to access the room and set up between 8.15am to 9am.
The cost for a one day course will be €550.00.